Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Keep on Moving

It's no big surprise that this past weekend was very, very trying on me. With lots of different things coming to a culmination in the course of a few hours, it's amazing how organized it is. Makes me shudder at the thought of a tactical, precision strike by a military to destroy key targets. Leaves you feeling helpless and crippled, even if you knew it was coming.

Yet, in the midst of this, I am reminded that I do not draw my strength from my own devices, or from others around me, but rather from my Father in heaven. My strength comes from Him, and only from Him. Though the world may fall around me, I will trust in Him to guide me through the dark valleys and over the tall mountains. In that guide, I will find no malice.

So throughout Monday, as I walked down the other side of that mountain, He held me in His arms and reminded me that everything would be ok. All I needed to do was trust in Him. I was tired, I was hurt, and I was frustrated, but I was not alone.

Ministry is not an easy thing. It will drain you, physically, emotionally, spiritually. You will be left hanging on by your fingernails, and you will learn what it means to be broken. But in my brokenness, I am made complete. I am made whole. I will never wrap my head around that one.

1 comment:

Val said...

Love ya stevie!!!
that was a good blog... thank you for reminding me of that.