Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Catching Up

So it's been awhile. You'll have to excuse my tardiness in posting, it'd been a busy week. On Friday, Kevin and I took all the youth leaders into Red Deer for a short getaway. We spent some time bonding and having a good time over food and conversation. It was a great time just to get to know each other outside of the normal bounds of a youth event.

That night, we stayed up until two in the morning just chatting and playing various games. It's crazy what kind of sentences you can come up with when each person contributes one word. My favourite words for the night... Krista, Hypothetically. It was a lot of fun, and we all had good time!

Saturday morning, we spent equipping and learning. Leora filled us in on youth culture in Three Hills and the different influences that we obviously are going to have in our minstries, so that we are all aware. After that, Kevin ran through the seven checkpoints that we want to instill in the kids, and finally we ended on small group tools. I talked about how to lead a discussion, and how to use body language to convey different messages. It was useful because we had a disagreement on ministry before that, so it gave me a great object lesson to dissect what everyone was feeling and thinking during it. It also helped that I was right! ;)

Saturday night, I had a Futsal game. I felt that I played pretty well, and when it was all said and done, the score was Prairie 6, United 4! All of our hard work paid off and we came out victorious. It was a lot of fun, and I certainly enjoyed it.

Sunday morning I preached in Big Valley. This was my first message in front of a congregation that I'd never met before, so that was a very different experience. It was neat to see how a small town church does things differently from a church that has been established long before. Big Valley E-Free has only been around for 7 years, and they have a very dynamic congregation. It was a really awesome experience.

Tommorrow, you can expect a post on some places where I think God might be leading me!

No comments: