Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Future

Wow, it's been almost a week since I've updated. My apologies for that. My life over the past week has been absolutely insane, as I've been juggling a whole lot of different batons, and trying my best not to drop them all at the same time. Between Futsal, Youth, Church, Pastoral Responsibilities, Personal life, etc. it's been a hectic week.

Let's start with Futsal. It was playoff time, and I played my heart out. Friday night, the guys just didn't play all that well, and we ended up losing the game 4-3. This is when we only really 'played' 5 minutes of the game and scored all 3 goals in that time. Makes you wonder what would have happened if we'd played the whole game, eh?

Saturday was a different can of worms. While we didn't play the best that I've seen, the guys showed up, and played really well. It started of, believe it or not, with me scoring.... from my own crease! INSANE! First play of the game, and I score! It was a great feeling. We hung on for the rest of the game to win it 6-5 over RMC. It was a good game, and we ended up with a Bronze.

So that ends my current Futsal career, and may be the last time I play it in a league setting, and it was a good way to go out. I was satisfied with both of my games, and thought that I played well, so it was good to walk out with some medal. Apparently the coaches recognized that too, as I got voted onto one of the two all conference teams as a goalie. Quite the honour!

Church on Sunday went well. I didn't have a lot of responsibilities, other than serving communion, so that was an interesting experience! I didn't screw it up too bad! ;)

Other than that... lots of personal stuff going on. God is my anchor, and I think I'm learning more and more about what God's mercy is about.

Thy mercy, my God is the theme of my song
The joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue
Thy free grace alone from the first to the last
Hath won my affection and bound my soul fast

Without Thy sweet mercy I could not live here
Sin would reduce me to utter despair
But through Thy free goodness my spirit's revived
And He that first made me still keeps me alive
Thy mercy is more than a match for my heart
Which wonders to feel its own hardness depart
Dissolved by Thy goodness I fall to the ground
And weep to the praise of the mercy Ive found

Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Great father of mercies Thy goodness I own
And the covenant love of Thy crucified Son
All praise to the Spirit whose whisper divine
Seals mercy and pardon and righteousness mine

All praise to the Spirit whose whisper divine
Seals mercy and pardon and righteousness mine

No comments: