Sunday, March 12, 2006

Passion

It's been quite the interesting last few days, I've learned a lot about myself, and a lot about where God is starting to take me. That's a cryptic sentence, eh? I've been constantly seeking out what God is going to be doing in my life, and that starts here, now. Passion has been a constant theme that has been coming up over and over again. People that I talk to, things that I read, experience that I go through. Passion is key.

One of the main things that I've learned is that pastoral ministry can quickly drain a person of their passion, and a lot of other things besides. I've been thoroughly enjoying my time here at Bethel, and I've been learning more than I can ever truly express. And one of the main goals of a 10 month internship is to really get a true experience of ministry, and I've definetely got that.

How do you maintain a passion when you are involved in such indepth ministry? When you are the one who is supposed to be feeding others, how do you feed yourself? I've spent a lot of time in personal devotions, and I have some really good friends that definetely help, but it's become clear that the hunger, the fire is not nearly as bright as it used to be.

While I may be an introvert (surprise!), I know with my spiritual life, community is VERY important to my health. So that's where I've been at, learning once again what it's like to be passionate, and putting my life on the alter for reworking. Refiner's fire. Here we go again.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hey Stephen! Sorry I haven't been commenting lately but I have been reading and praying for you. I hope you have a great weekend! I want to hear all about it, maybe with a picture or two. Have fun (and try not to be so introverted)!