Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ever forward, Never back

31 weeks and one day

It's been a crazy past couple of days. I've had to schedule in time to spend with friends and to call Jordan. Yet, I think this is how I like my life. I get bored when I have to sit around and make things up to do. It's very important that I have my downtime, but it's equally important that I have a purpose, a drive to keep moving forward and pushing ever onward.

Lately, that push has been children's ministry. From manipulating the curriculum into our format, to creating binders for each of the small group leaders, to getting involved in the town-wide children's events, to teaching religious education at the town school.... It literally is a full time job, and I'm loving every minute of it.

To be completely honest, I wasn't sure I was going to feel that way in August. I didn't have anything tangible in front of me to work with and see how the results came out. My ideas were just that... ideas. They didn't have a practical outworking, and that just would never do for me. Now that it's started, I have something exciting to work and build off of.

Tomorrow I head to Calgary to pick up some supplies for a craft we have coming up this weekend. Then I have to put it all together, and hopefully get everything ready to go before I leave for Edmonton on Friday! Andrew is coming in with me tomorrow, so we should have some good conversations.

Jordan is doing well, and developing a passion for the kids, which is an answer to prayer. It was pouring rain and booming thunder and lightning when I called tonight, but she is over her first wave of culture shock and starting to enjoy working with the kids. It'll be odd when I'm in Fiji and she's in Mexico, but God has a plan through it all! We're both trusting that.

No comments: