Saturday, October 07, 2006

Home for the weekend

Well, isn't life a blast. I'm home for the weekend (sort of, but we'll get to that in a bit), and it's a good time. It's been quite awhile since I've had a chance to get up to Edmonton and see my friends, so it's nice to just be able to hangout and catch up with them.

Last night, I went to Danielle's birthday party. She had declared a 70's theme, and we were going to a roller skate park to get into the retro feel. She had quite a few friends there that I hadn't met before, so it was an interesting night all in all. I still can't skate on rollerblades or skates worth beans, which made for some pretty hilarious moments. Add into that a bunch of teenagers who were trying to pick up older men, and it was definitely a night to remember. I'll leave with you one photo that really sums up the whole night.

From Danielle's Bi...

Josh and I ducked out a little early and went to Moxies to just sit, eat and get caught up. We were both tired from a long week, and sick of overly loud music and strobe lights. It's always nice to get caught up with someone that you haven't talked to in a few months... see where they are at. Add to that the fact that I've always appreciated Josh's input, and we have a winner.

Other than that, I've finally put the part into my car, and my new diagnostic tool has nearly paid for itself already in clearing 2 engine codes. We'll see if anything else pops up, but hopefully all of the bugs have been worked out, and it'll be smooth sailing.

I'm heading back to Three Hills tonight so that I'm present for tomorrow morning. I need to be there to run The River since I took a few weeks off during the summer. So right after the service, I'll be getting back into the car and driving up to Edmonton again. Lots of time in the car this weekend... good thing I like driving!

No comments: