Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Finding Your Stride

It's been an interesting last few months as I've attempted to settle into my new role here at the church as Children's Pastor. I've planned, I've formed a leadership team with the parents, I've prayed and I've read about children's ministry. Yet through that all, I'm struggling to really find my stride in it all. I know for a fact that this is where God wants me to be right now, in this moment. I know He has many things to teach me in the coming months, yet I can't seem to get my heart into it.

See this all goes back nearly 10 years, to when I first felt God calling me to ministry. I've always felt called to my peers, to the people that are directly around me, and to minister into their needs and what God is doing in their life. He's often used me to push people out of their comfort zone and to rely fully and completely on Him. That kind of passion has never died in me, and it continues on for the youth of this community and for the churches as well.

So with that in mind, I'm forced to ask myself, why does He have my in Children's ministry? I love kids, I love working with kids, but ministering to them just isn't my cup of tea. Yet I think in that small statement, I'm finding the reason of why God is calling me to it. Obedience. It may not be my cup of tea, it may not be my passion, and I may not want to get into ministry for a few years... yet it's where God wants me. I need to be willing to just ride that wave and see where it takes me, because He has designed me in such a way that I must be beneficial here.

So in this midst of this, I'm attempting to find my stride, and all the while learning that finding my stride is learning to just give it up. It's a hard road, but one that I'm willing to travel. Here we go.

No comments: