Friday, September 29, 2006

Yeah for being Productive!

Today was a good day. At the end of it, I'd written over 3 pages for my children's binder (including stylizing them), printed them, compiled them, done a majority of the footwork for Sunday Morning's program, written a few e-mails, and done some research. I wish I was this motivated everyday.

That binder is important, because after December, there is a good chance I will be minimally involved in the River. I would like to be more, but I believe it's important that I take a step back to let it stand on it's own legs and have the volunteers pick up the slack to keep it going. It might have a rough month or two, and then hopefully we'll have a fully functioning program! With that binder, the work for those leaders will be minimized pretty drastically. They can schedule people in, hand them the binder, and if that small group leader is diligent, they won't have to worry about it again.

Next week, I'm going to work on the 'morning leader' binder, so that they know what needs to happen before, during, and after a typical Sunday Morning. If I can simplify this process as much as possible over the next few months, the work that will need to be done to get it off the ground should be minimized, and that's really what we're going for.

This weekend, I will finish the Sunday Morning work, lead the morning, and then Sunday Night we start with the first town-wide youth service. It's been about 5 months in the making, and a lot of prayer has gone into it... now it's in God's hands. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: