Monday, November 14, 2005

What a Weekend!

One of the things I've had to learn over the past few months is that a weekend is not necessarily a rest for a pastor. In fact, the weekends are by far the busiest time for me! If it's not youth on Friday, it's Sunday School preparation, or Fusion, or Small Groups... or a sermon!

This past weekend, I found out saturday morning (after the half-day of prayer) that my 5 minute devotional was now a 12-15 minute sermon! Not anyone's fault but my own, and not asking the right questions ahead of time. So I spent all day Saturday working on that sermon (Psalm 34:1-7) and getting it ready to go. Then I had to get my Sunday School lesson.

I put in a full day on Saturday! But have no fears, it all worked out quite well. I got all the research done, and a 4 page outline done, with illustrations. Sunday involved Sunday School, and then the main service, then I had to preach at 4ish, and went over to a family's house for dinner (VERY good), and finally to the Church for Fusion. Oh... and then to a pastor's meeting at Kevin and Teri's, but that was a lot more relaxing than it sounds.

It was a good weekend, and I slacked off today! This week: Planning for D.I.S.H (Digitial Image Scavenger Hunt), Planning for the youth retreat (Decemeber 2-4th), getting the new body piece on my car painted, and fixing what is left! It's going to be a good week.

No comments: