Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Of Miscellaneous things

2/21/2007 10:41 PM

The last few months have taught me that a crucial aspect of a successful ministry is knowing when to withdraw and recover. Thankfully, Wednesdays are that day when I do not have to think about a single thing, but can get away from whatever is going on and relax. Today, I decided to not set my alarm, and take my time.

However, there were a few things I needed to get done today as well. I wanted to get online and check on any e-mails that may have come in, and talk with family and friends back home. I also needed to get started on my Phys Ed course; meaning running/biking for at least 30 minutes today. Jong txt messaged me this morning to let me know that the internet at his flat was up, and so I crashed there for the day. It allowed me to not have to worry about how much time I’d spent on the net, and let conversations go naturally… a nice change.

And I did manage to force myself onto that bike! 30 minutes straight of some light work, and I really need to work out more often! Funny that I have to come to a hot, tropical environment before I really get started on my physical education course, who says God doesn’t have a sense of humour?

Tomorrow, I’m up at 4:50 to go Sigatoka and work on the camp down there… time for bed!

No comments: