Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Encouragements

When you walk through a valley, you learn to look for the small things. Little roadsigns that point you in the right direction, that tell you that someone, or Someone is watching over you. It must be a lot like tracking someone, paying attention to the smallest detail in the grass to point you in the right direction, a broken twig, or leaves bent in just such a way.

Or maybe it's a flower. When it's storming all around you, and the sun hasn't come out in days, when you see that flower it is as though the clouds part and sunlight bursts forth from the skies, daring the clouds to try to stop it. Makes you feel like the angels have dove through the dark atmosphere to show you once more that someone sees you in that valley, and hope is coming.

Daniel had to wait three weeks to get his answer from God. Because there was spiritual battles raging all around him. But God was watching over him that entire time.

I have family, friends, and countless numbers of people praying for me while I am here. So I wonder what it would look like if God were to open my eyes up into the spiritual realm. I have a strange sense that there are many warriors gathering for something that is yet to come. Exciting and terrifying at the same time, to know that God is preparing to break down something that has stood for too long.

Once again the mission has reaffirmed my being here in Fiji. I have to be honest and say that i don't always feel that I'm still called to be here. But God has confirmed it once more. My time here is not yet done. And another comfort in the midst of it all. I am not alone, others recognize the same things I am, and for that... I am thankful.

God is good. Last night I was reading through my devotions, and I covered 1 Peter 4. If you have the time, pull out your Bible and read through it. It's funny how God leads us directly to the passage of scripture that we need in our time of need. Be steadfast! Know that I am God, and be proud that you suffer because of me. An encouragement in the midst of everything that is going on.

God is good. He watched over His children and continues to speak to them today!

No comments: