Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Those Smiles

Isn’t it funny that in the midst of everything that goes on, God always finds ways to make you smile. Perhaps it is a conversation that came out of something foolish, or people that find you at just the right time, to encourage you. I started my morning out in the most unlikely way.

The Cairns were in the back of the BDC, which is where I normally take a shower. No biggy, except that the washroom was in use! So I needed to wait until it cleared out before I could go in and have my shower. Jackson was in his office, and so I sat down and we ended up having a great conversation. Talking about ministry, the joys and the frustrations, what we were both learning and some of the observations we had both made over the past few weeks. Truly, this is a man that God is doing great things in. I am excited to see what Nadi church will look like in a few years under his guidance. In every single way, he impresses.

Later in the day, I had the opportunity to go into Lautoka with Sebastien and Mimi. We had about an hour to kill before the movie started, so we walked around the town for awhile looking for shops. Just walking in and out of some of them. Well, Sebastien walked into one that I probably never would have gone into myself (just one of those junk shops) and inside I found a wooden flute. Nothing spectacular, but special all on its own! The guy just wanted to get rid of it, so I bought it for real cheap.

These are the times when you can look back and just smile. God has a way in bringing about these moments from the most unlikely circumstances. That is exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Stephen!! I'm so glad that you got to do something touristy and fun. Carys and I are going to go check out the pics. Can't wait to see the flute you bought. How cool!! xoxoxo